Online casino sites in Canada have had a great go these past few years. Whether they are local or offshore, the properties facing Canada have been many and almost all of them – excellent to the boot. Today, we will take a look at those specific gaming venues that Canadian players get to enjoy. While laws can differ slightly from one province to the next, the good news is that you can always find a website that is allowed to accept your online wagers legally!
Therefore, anyone looking to place their bets at real money casino in Canada will be quite pleased that there is a gaming venue out there waiting for them. The big question is – is that the right casino for you? To answer this specific question, BOCS’ staff of experts has focused on helping you locate the top sites in Canada and:
- Choose the best payment options
- Find the to promotion and bonuses available
- Play safely and choose from a variety of awesome games
- Enjoy a great mobile gaming experience
Ready to get started? First, take a look at our carefully selected recommendations based on welcome bonuses, security, overall experience, service to Canadian players, banking options, customer support, interface, responsiveness and track record.
Our recommended list of the best Canadian online casino sites as of July 2020:
- 1 Top Deposit/Withdrawal Methods For Online Casinos In Canada
- 2 How We Rank Online Casinos
- 3 Most Popular Online Games At Canadian Casino Websites?
- 4 Top Bonuses At Canada Online Casinos
- 5 Best Online Gambling Sites In Canada For Mobile
- 6 Is It Legal To Gamble At Online Casinos In Canada With Real Money?
- 7 Our List Of Legal Online Casinos In Canada For Real Money
- 8 Online Gambling In Canada By Province
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions
Top Deposit/Withdrawal Methods For Online Casinos In Canada
Online casino gambling in Canada is mostly based on cyber tourism, that is, the government is open to the idea of offshore gambling sites. In fact, the majority of operators are located outside the mainland. Since you will mostly play at offshore operators, you will need reliable methods to make deposits and withdraw your funds. Our list of the best online casinos in Canada features the proven payment services that are used all over the world with Skrill, InstaDebit, Paysafecard and Visa being some of the handiest ones out there.
Better yet, as a Canadian player you also have the option of using Canadian-specific methods including Citadel, ClickandBuy, Ukash, Fund and Maestro. All these services offer specialized internet-based payment options that guarantee that all cash transactions are processed in the safest and most secure way possible. Better yet, all of these banking methods are very simple to use. In the majority of cases, you will see your money cashed out of a casino on the same day. In a similar vein, most transactions are completed and the money appear on your bank balance within 72 hours. Deposits are quicker, admittedly, as you can top off your account instantly.
Minimum and maximum deposit amounts vary from one payment method to the other, but we are certain that every player will find something that suits their budget and preferences. It is also important to consider that since some of the best online casinos in Canada we recommend are offshore casinos, you might need to make use of currency conversion services. The good news is that there are a very few casinos taht do not offer Canadian dollars (CA$). In fact, every casino in our list has done Canadian players the common courtesy to offer CA$, which will save you the pesky conversion fees to begin with!
Why Gamble At Online Casinos For Real Money In Canada?
The rather more open approach by Canadian authorities allows citizens to bank quickly and without the need to use alternative methods or wait too long on their deposits. This is appreciated, and puts Canadian online casinos for real money at a slight advantage in the country. What are some of the benefits when you play at these Canadian-friendly casinos online? Here are a few:
- You have access to many payment options
- Bonuses are easier to claim
- You can withdraw your money quickly and safely
- Transactions aren’t subject to anti-gambling laws
Ultimately, Canadian customers are favored in many respects, not least of all the ease of payments. Still, some operators may not be quite to terms with the authorities and each individual province in Canada is subject to its own regulations, so it might be worth double-checking with a brand you are exploring. Alternatively, you can always check out the websites we recommend.
Are Cryptocurrencies An Option In Canada Online Casinos?
Cryptocurrencies are still a viable pick if you are interested in playing at casino websites in Canada. However, thanks to the availability of so many regular banking methods, fewer people are relying on Bitcoin for deposits and cash outs. Yet, the method is still rather popular.
How We Rank Online Casinos
Since most players in Canada play at online casinos that are operated in other places, it is important to find the ones that strictly adhere to a given set of rules that will not leave a player at a disadvantage. That’s not too difficult at all, not with the number of overseas brands that are already streaming into the market and offering a highly-polished gaming portfolio.
You can also just let us do the research for you! For an online casino in Canada to be featured in our list, it needs to be approved and have a provably fair reputation. This overall assessment of a casino is based on stringent testing criteria that explicitly analyzes every aspect of a casino’s system ranging all the way from software and security to customer support services. Let’s give you a run-down of what we test specifically:
- Reputation: All Canadian casino websites we examine are thoroughly tested in terms of reputation. This involves examining not only the casino itself, but also what is being shared on social media and across forums online.
- Payment option: Swift and reliable payouts are one of the main priorities of new players, and this is why we deposit small amounts to test the service ourselves, reporting on the processing times and consulting with the casino’s staff to obtain more information about regular cash out times.
- Transparency: We put great store by transparency and how accessible things such as bonus Terms and Conditions and payment options are. Ideally, we want to see all Return to Player (RTP) rates displayed as well.
- Customer support: Our experts spend time testing the customer service via all channels available. We sometimes identify ourselves as reviewers, so this could in theory affect how the best online gambling sites in Canada treat us. Overall, we strive to deliver an objective review.
Customer security is our main priority here though this is nearly an obvious requirement for all online casinos for Canada-based players. So, the next step is to check for casinos that bring much more to the table, not just outstanding security. Our selection of the best online games features the crispiest graphics coupled with exceptional animations and immersive sound effects that come together to offer excellent experience. When all is said and done, you will be able to choose from the casinos you can trust in full and those same operators will bring you the most memorable moments playing.
Most Popular Online Games At Canadian Casino Websites?
Do you know what the best online slots in Canada are? Well, we are here to help you pick only the most popular games in the entire country. Players do love the slots first and foremost, and any operator that caters to the country would feature titles such as:
- Mega Moolah
- Thunderstruck II
- Immortal Romance
- Avalon II
- Zombie Hoard
- Agent Jane Blonde
Canadians are equally fond of table and live dealer games, so any operator that provides these two verticals is already in most players’ good graces. You can expect operators to also team up with the best brands, and some of the most innovative ones, including Yggdrasil, Play’n Go, and of course Evolution Gaming in the case of live games.
NetEnt, Playtech, Scientific Games and a handful of others are just some of the excellent names you will find here. From Baccarat to Blackjack, to Video Poker, Canadian casinos have it all.
Top Bonuses At Canada Online Casinos
Looking for a great online casino bonus? Canada will definitely have something to offer. You can find all sorts of promotions here, starting with free spins, matched offers, and of course the no deposit bonus, which comes in a few different options itself.
Ultimately, finding a great bonus when playing at the best online gambling sites in Canada is not too much hassle, as you have a number of trustworthy payment methods. What you need to look for here is:
- The deadlines and wagering requirements for each bonus
- How much money is allocated per offer
- What games are included in the bonus
- Can you realistically benefit from the bonus
It’s great to start your gameplay with CA$2000 in bonus cash, but you also need to acknowledge that when you play at online casinos for real money, most websites in Canada would expect you to clear some steep wagering requirements.
Focus on lower WR while still choosing a bonus with sufficient deadline to allow you to play comfortably and never rush through your bankroll. Not sure where to find decent bonuses like that? Refer to our table with suggested bonuses.
Best Online Gambling Sites In Canada For Mobile
Can you imagine yourself pinned down to a computer in order to enjoy online casinos? In Canada this is not really a concern, as the best operators will always allow you to game on the go. This is highly appreciated and gives some of the best websites a good chance at attracting more loyal players. Whether you have an iOS or Android gizmo, you will guarantee yourself smooth plays!
Plus, it’s always worth being able to access an online casino from a handheld device instead of slogging to a computer.
Is It Legal To Gamble At Online Casinos In Canada With Real Money?
Online gambling in Canada is generally legal, with the status varying a bit from one province to the next. The advent of online casinos in Canada allowing real-money gambling has prompted the introduction of different regulatory measures and laws that seek to make the activity safe to partake in. Laws pertaining to online casinos in Canada have been known to be very strict in the past. However drastic changes to the legislation in the 70s eased the intensity of these laws giving room for a wider range of gambling activities.
The sites in our list of the best online casinos in Canada fall under the jurisdiction of the Kahnawake Gaming Commission which has an outstanding reputation for backing only the best. They also give licenses to these gambling sites based on strict operational and ethical criteria – all aimed at ensuring that they are safe and secure for Canadian gamblers. Many of the best online casino sites in Canada have this license though most are incomparable to the ones we recommend here for you.
Our List Of Legal Online Casinos In Canada For Real Money
Playing in any of the best online casinos in Canada puts you on the good side of the law. These sites have valid gambling licenses from one of the largest regulatory and licensing bodies, that is:
- Kahnawake Gaming Commission
- Malta Gaming Authority
- Isle of Man
To this effect, all players are guaranteed fair games with optimal quality as well transparency. This also affirms the fact that all winnings are paid out as indicated or dictated by the various payment services used in these online casinos in Canada that allow real money bets.
Personal information is also diligently guarded in these casinos not just to keep customers satisfied but also to prevent unlawful activities from being done in the pretext of online gambling.
Online Gambling In Canada By Province
Canada offers an interesting landscape for online casinos as well as brick-and-mortar gambling. The country already has hundreds of brick-and-mortar casinos and a number of racebooks, and other gaming venues. The majority of the top online casinos for Canadian players are largely available in each of the 10 provinces across the country. While gambling is legal in Canada, each province sets out its own rules about gambling. Here are quick summaries about gambling by province in Canada:
- Alberta – The legal gambling age in Alberta is 18, and while there are state-controlled casinos in the province, there’s already a vibrant culture of gaming that includes the offshore gaming facilities. Visit our list of recommended online casinos for Canadian gamers to choose the one that you like best.
- British Columbia – In British Columbia, players may choose between local and licensed casinos and offshore gambling sites that accept players that are of the legal gaming age -19.
- Ontario – Ontario is the provinces with the most casinos brick-and-mortar casinos to date, offering an opportunity to players to pick from over 30,000 slots and 900+ tables. You can still play online and pick one of the recommended offshore gaming sites.
- Quebec – Games of chance have been part of Quebec since 1970 and today players from the state can pick from 10 local casinos or head right over to the offshore industry, which will provide swift payments and fair gaming conditions.
- Nova Scotia – A minnow among casinos, Nova Scotia offers two distinct brick-and-mortar brands where Canadians can play in person. For everything else, the residents of the province turn to the most trusted offshore gambling sites.
- New Brunswick – The province hasn’t bothered to really regulate online gaming activities, so Canadians will get a free pass at some of the finest casino sites out there.
- Manitoba – If you insist on playing within the province, PlayNow Manitoba is your go-to solution. Yet, there are estimated 1,000 offshore casino brands that cater to the province, and if you are determined to check out some of the alternatives, we really recommend swinging by Manitoba.
- Prince Edward Island – While offshore gambling is not regulated, residents of the province can play to their content. Payment options are smooth, and you don’t need to worry about receiving your money on time.
- Newfoundland – Brick-and-mortar casinos are banned under current laws, but there is no legislation against online casinos. With this said, over 1,000 casino sites focus on Newfoundland. Make sure to only pick the ones we recommend.
- Saskatchewan – The province has its own regulator by the name of Saskatchewan Indian Gaming Authority. Online gambling is not allowed in the province, but offshore sites can still accept players from that region.
With this said, the gambling landscape will certainly keep changing. Yet, the best online casinos in Canada will remain bulwarks of excellent gaming options for hundreds of thousands of people to enjoy whenever they feel the need to play slots, live games, or other available products.
Frequently Asked Questions
The gambling-related legislation is under provincial jurisdiction with each province having its own laws pertaining to the activity.
Other than the Kahnawake Gaming Commission, provincial governments are responsible for regulating gambling within their territories.
Of course, it is, especially with our selection of pre-evaluated online casinos.
When looking for a top real money casino in Canada, you need to consider professional opinions as well as players' experiences. You can find all of this right here at BestOnlineCasinoSites, which will save you all the hours of doing research – time that is better spent playing!
Canada is a grey area where each province has to determine whether a casino is legal. The brands we have listed here, however, make it completely safe for you to play at some of the best Canadian online casinos while benefiting from the best possible conditions.
To play in most of Canada you need to be at least 19 years of age, although in Quebec, you will be able to start playing as soon as you turn 18. Once you are of the legal age, a world of possibilities will open up ahead of you.